Woodville is one of the oldest and finest houses in the Shimla East. It became the honored residence of the Commander-in-chief of British armed forces in year 1865 with its first occupant General Sir William rose Mansfield. Later it was used as the residence for the same post till 1881.
In year 1881 the villa was being bought over by Sir James Walker and passed in the Alliance Bank of Simla. Late in year 1923 was bought over by Raja Sir Bhagat Chand of Jubbal who tastefully converted it into his summer Palace. The house has lovely surroundings, wooded walks under the Himalayan Cedar grooves. The owner still lives in the estate.